Hello all! So you guys know I love Q&A posts and I found another cute one! Enjoy my blog dolls!
1. What fashion trend from the past do you look back and laugh at?
JERSEY DRESSES! Eeew, they were so... GHETTO! Blehh and I had like 5 of them *yikes*
2. What current trend do you think is overrated?
Going natural! If you are going to do it, do it because you want healthy hair. Don't do it just to jump on the bandwagon OR because you want to heckle the relaxed girls. That's lame.
3. What is one trend that you would like to see come back?
Anything from the 80s! Yall can laugh at me all you want! I love big hair, big jewelry, neon colors. Ahhh the gaudiness of it all!
4. What fashion item do you most want right now?
SUEDE WEDGES IN EVERY COLOR! I am not good at walking in heels, but I desperately need to get out of always wearing flats. Wedges are the next best thing. I ordered a few yesterday and I can't wait for them to come in!
5. What is a fashion piece you hate to wear?
HEELS! But I'm trying to change.
6. If you got stranded on a deserted island, what 3 fashion items would you bring and why?
1. A fedora to protect my face and hair from the harsh sun.
2. Sparkly Sperrys just because their cute! LOL *wishlist item*
3. A cool, white button down for fashion and I could use it to make a sail on a raft!
SHOPPING AND MY STYLE
1. What is your favorite designer clothing brand?
It is a tie between Forever21 and Asos because they make trendy clothes for curvy gals like me :)
2. What are your favorite places to shop?
3. Do you have any shopping tips?
Before I go shopping I always have an idea in mind. It also helps to go online and look at what inventory stores have. Find a fashion muse and Google pics of them to get ideas (I Google Kim K *of course*). And if all else fails bring a more fashionable friend along and be RECEPTIVE to advice.
4. What kinds of jeans do you prefer (bootcut, straight, etc)?
5. What is your favorite and least favorite shoe?
My favorite shoes right now are loafers, least favorite are stilettos! Yikes my feet just can't handle that kind of torture.
6. What do you prefer: stripes or florals? Why?
Florals definitely because it's classy and girly like me.
7. Who is your style icon?
Of course, KIM KARDASHIAN! Our style is so similar because she is always classy and trendy at the same time. Plus we both LOVEEE blazers! I also feel like Kim knows what works for her, she is trendy but she isn't going to stray to far from her "look" and I'm the same way.
8. Many people seem to think places like Abercrombie, Hollister and Aeropastle are bad places to shop because people who shop there have "no sense of style." What's your opinion?
Those stores aren't my cup of tea (they were my favorites in jr high though) but if it works for you go for it.
1. What is your dream job?
I am in the process of receiving a degree in Political Science now so I would LOVE to one day be a political analyst on CNN. I have a lot to say, and I'm very opinionated so I think it'd be the perfect job for me. Of course I want to be a lawyer and hopefully one day I can run for Congress or the Senate! I hope to one day stack enough money to open up my own boutique. My options are endless!
2. What's your biggest accomplishment so far?
I am currently beginning my JUNIOR YEAR of college *Hallelujah*! I am so proud of myself for not giving up and sticking it out even when it got tough.
3. If you could travel anywhere in the world where would it be and why?
Paris, because it is so romantic <3
4. What is your favorite TV show?
-Anything from the 90s
-Real Housewives/Basketball Wives etc
-Law & Order: SVU
5. If you could have only one hair product to use (excluding shampoo/conditioner) what would it be?
Paul Mitchell serum, I like shiny hair.
1. When did you start blogging?
APRIL 12, 2012! Almost 500 followers and over 14,000 views I'm just amazed at how much support my blog has gotten.
2. Why did you start blogging?
I thought it would be fun to have my own blog and do it my way and just show the world ASHLEY!
3. How did you come up with the name of your blog?
I knew I wanted my name to be in it, and I just thought "Fashion Guru" sounded cool. I didn't put much thought into it at all actually.
4. How different do you think your life would be if you weren't a blogger?
I think blogging has made me a little more social and it is a stress reliever for me. But I don't think my life is dramatically different or anything.
5. What is your blogging pet peeve?
THAT STUPID SPAM CRAP AT THE END OF LEAVING A COMMENT! Ugh it's obnoxious, no one is trying to spam you. Remove it. Please and thank you.
6. What advice do you have for someone trying to start a blog?
-Use Blogger, I think it is better than Wordpress
-Make it original. Search for a unique background, add pictures. Just make sure it doesn't look like EVERYONE else's.
-The font is SO important I hate when people have this big block of tiny writing, it is much easier for people to read if it is spaced out.
-Let your readers know who YOU are, they will feel like you guys are friends!
-Add the GFC link to your blog. I hate when people ask me to follow them and they DON'T have this. Also make your presence known. Follow other blogs that you find cool and leave them sweet comments. Us bloggers love that! Eventually your followers will go up, up, up.
-Have a variety of posts! I try to mix it up with makeup, fashion, hauls, outfit posts, face posts, about me etc.
I hope this was an enjoyable post to read! I love these things. Later my loves!