Thursday, June 14, 2012

E by Evelyn "Cosmo Color" Palette Review



Hey guys I am back with another review! A very good friend of mine bought me this palette for my birthday and I am here to dish the dirt.

So if you are a "Basketball Wives" fan you know all about Evelyn's new makeup line. She has a few palettes available on the website and she will soon expand.

It came in this magenta packaging.


 Opening the package I cracked the brown, BOO!


THE PROS
*The colors are very pigmented, and the size is generous.
*I love the blinged out pink case!
*Shipping was super fast
*The large mirror is very convenient
*It is large but not so big it would be inconvenient for travel

THE CONS
*The palette was $39.95 and shipping was around $10. I feel this is a tad overpriced. 
*I don't like that Evelyn said her eyeshadows are made from the same company as MAC when her palette looks almost identical (except for the fancy packaging) to Coastal Scents and BH palettes. Which are also about $15-$20 cheaper.
*The packaging is super cute but a little flimsy, that is how I broke the chocolate eyeshadow. You do not want to just toss this anywhere.

OVERALL?
Overall I think this is a cute line, but Evelyn should be honest about who is manufacturing her makeup because anyone who knows anything about makeup knows this is NOT MAC quality. But for the price I still think it is a nice palette, especially for those who are starting to experiment with makeup. If you don't want to pay the extra just buy the Coastal Scents brand. If you want to see how the eyeshadows look I am wearing them in my "Fun in Florals" What I Wore... post. Her website link is below! That's all folks, laterr. 

19 comments:

  1. I think I would defintely choose a bhcosmetics palette instead ! Thanks for sharing!
    cherryberrypoon.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is exactly the same thing!

    And thank you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been sticking to my coastal scents palette for a while now and it's done me good. So based on your review, I don't think I'll be switching up any time soon haha.

    Your blog is wonderful by the way! I've followed you. Care to follow back? http://ada-nikki.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the packaging......very pretty!
    Just started following your blog yesterday, come check me out?

    http://http://thecreativechic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. great review! thanks so much for visiting my blog and following, I'm now following you back :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great review! I've been wanting a large eyeshadow palette for some time but I am not sure if I'd use all the colours so I am tempted to just buy the naked palette. Mac eyeshadow is very hard to break so you are right, this may not be from the same mfg. Visiting from the blog hop, hope you'll stop by and would you like to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have all the CS palettes and when I saw hers I said I already have those!!! Great review!
      www.style4curves.blogspot.com

      Delete
  7. Great review! Thanks for following, of course I'm following you back! :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good post, I was wondering about this line.
    www.beautejadore.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. ohh I watched basketball wives, haha that's a guilty pleasure of mine! hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those eye shadows, all of them are perfect! The brown one doesn't look ruined at all. But, as long as you can use it, it doesn't matter what it looks like. :D
    I am following you now. :D If you want, you can find me on: http://the-wandering-heart.blogspot.com
    Have a nice day! Kisses from Serbia! :*

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the package...
    It looks nice in pink color!

    Follow my blog at
    www.arikayasmine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello cutie~!!

    Thank you so much for the award! :))

    LOVE LOVE LOOOVE <3

    http://www.tralalagal.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  13. nice review! :) anyway thanks for dropping by my blog! followed you! hope you follow mine as well <3

    Mish
    http://starmishie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good review hunni! Love how u listed out the pros and cons.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your lovely comments and feedback. Don't be shy, send me some love. It'll make my day. Love, Ash <3

P.S. Please leave your blog link so I can follow, I love being inspired by other fashionistas.