Sunday, May 27, 2012

Ashley's Fashion Essentials

OK, the time has come for me to dish the dirt. I have compiled a list for all of you of my fashion must haves! Sit back, relax and take notes.

BLAZERS
This is first on the list because it is the MOST versatile. I love blazers so much, I have a lot and am constantly adding new patterns and colors to my closet. Blazers flatter ALL body types which is perfect for busty gals like me. You can pair a blazer with jeans, a dress, even a romper. Forever21 always has the best ones for the low. 

A GOOD FITTING SKINNY JEAN
There is NOTHING like a good jean. When the fit is right you just have more of a pep in your step. Finding jeans can be hard for any body type. I find that Forever21 and most department stores like Macys carry a variety of cuts and styles. 

LITTLE BLACK DRESS
Audrey Hepburn started the LBD trend and now it has become a staple in every woman's closet. The LBD comes in many styles and can be worn for almost any occasion. This is what makes it an essential item. 

A SHEER BLOUSE
I picked this as an essential item because I have found that a sheer blouse not only goes with everything but it just makes an outfit look more fashionable and sophisticated. If you are just trying to build up your closet, I would stick with neutral colors, then add the bold ones later. Another great thing about a crisp, sheer blouse is that you can dress it up, like Blake did (above) by pairing hers with a brooch. 

BALLET FLATS
A ballet flat is essential to any girl's wardrobe. If you are like me and have a hard time walking in heels flats are vital! The best thing about flats are that you don't have to compromise style for comfort. 

NUDE HEELS
I'm not saying that black heels are not an essential item as well but nude heels are hawttt and they make your legs appear slimmer. You can splurge on a pair of Red Bottoms or check out http://www.shoedazzle.com/ for some great knockoffs. 

STATEMENT NECKLACE
Yall know I love jewelry, so it was hard for me to pick one piece that would be the most important. But no other piece of jewelry makes an outfit like a statement necklace. I have been collecting a few for the past few months, I urge you to add some to your life. Amazon has some great ones here: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_scat_3367581_ln?rh=n%3A3367581%2Ck%3Astatement+necklace&keywords=statement+necklace&ie=UTF8&qid=1338172268&scn=3367581&h=0911fc1d0a17250a01809e06f44bc1f885f863c5

and the most important item....

CONFIDENCE!!
Always, always, always be confident in what you wear and before you leave the house put on a smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all of your lovely comments and feedback. Don't be shy, send me some love. It'll make my day. Love, Ash <3

P.S. Please leave your blog link so I can follow, I love being inspired by other fashionistas.